Volunteering keeps you mentally healthy
Peel Volunteer Resource Centre (PVRC) has been operating in the Peel Region since 1993, servicing an area encompassing the City of Mandurah, the Shires of Murray, Serpentine-Jarrahdale, Boddington and Waroona. We are located in Mandurah at Lotteries House, 7 Anzac Place in Mandurah.
We have a monthly outreach to Pinjarra and Waroona through the Community Resource Centre’s.
PVRC receives Government Funding from the Department of Social Services and the Department of Communities and has a partnership agreement with the City of Mandurah.
- Meet new, likeminded people
- Helping others – including families, young people , the aged, animals and the environment
- Gain experience, training, contracts and references that may help you find paid employment
- Improve your own health, vitality and wellbeing
- Above all – for fun and employment.
What does a Volunteer Resource Centre do?
- Lists all the volunteer positions that are available in your area
- Links people into volunteer roles that best suits them
- Provides information on volunteer management issues
- Promotes volunteerism in the community
How does it work?
- Make an appointment with PVRC
- Come in and browse through many positions on offer with the assistance of a friendly Volunteer Referral Officer
- The Referral officer with provide you with all the details of the organisations you are interested in and make an appointment for you